DREAMS

Dreams are an important part of a mentally healthy life.  From Infancy to death, we dream.  We dream of that new toy that we would like to have, of that person that we would like to fall in love with, and so many other things.
Living in Central and South Florida I have known many Cuban "Refugees", people who have fled Communism.  Talking to some of them, discussing their life in Cuba, their reason to leave, and how they lived while there, I learned one thing.  They had dreams.  Dreams of being in Hialeah, free to wave a US Flag, to find store shelves loaded with food, and more that were so essential to their mental health.
I guess that I could be called a dreamer.  I dream, of this and of that.  I think that I "work" my dreams more in my older years than when I was younger, but it is dreaming now, and was dreaming then.
Currently, in the last couple of years, I have "played" my dream.  I don't spend money on tobacco, alcohol, women, or other unnecessary things.  I do play the twice weekly Florida Lottery.  Not the Powerball, or Superball, just the regular Wednesday and Saturday lottery.
Do I expect to win?  Only a fool would expect that.  But, if I do win, I have a plan.  A plan concocted within my dreams, and it is very sound.  If I couldn't dream, I would just walk away from the whole damned world.
    Many people play the lottery.  And most of them have a dream of what they would do if they "were rich". 
At my age, I really have no "need" for the money, but if it happens, I will damned sure enjoy doing my best to spend it before I die.  I love boating, in most methods of it.  From Bluegill fishing in an old wood rowboat, to Dolphin, Sailfish and Blue Marlin fishing along the Florida Coasts, to offshore racing, and even to yachting. 
I can think of nothing better to do with myself than to introduce others to the life, to offer others a taste of what they too dream of.
If I were to win the lottery, I would immediately call a boat broker/builder friend of mine and put him to negotiating the price on a couple of boats.  Older, but very serviceable and in very good condition.   Lots of people would love to cruise, but not in a boat with 5,000 others.  A nice, well kept, older yacht, with an adept crew could offer a really great cruise in a really great place, right here within the USA.  That boat could host "retreats" for warriors, host meetings between executives, and provide a base place, supporting a fishing interest.



As new, a yacht like this, of this size, would cost around 25 Million Dollars.
Being a 30 year old, but well maintained, properly upgraded, boat this one is less than a Million.  With a fist full of Lottery winnings, this yacht and a Sport Fisherman, or two, would make a well rounded vacation destination for my many friends in the warrior world.
More to come.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog