***UPDATE***
  17 days and 3 hours after the crash and it is settled.  The money is in my bank and the settlement was very fair.  I had a local Farm Shop install a new hitch.  I will create the new, rear bumper, Probably of Red Oak n Cedar.  I like this. 

Well Crap.  Today went pretty smooth, did some "First of the Month" shopping, and was about to make a left turn off the highway, into my local hardware store when I got rear ended. Hard.  I had one of my dogs in the back of the bed, (secured), and he got thrown from the front of the bed to the back.  He and I are alright, but he was sure scared.  My old truck is driveable, but the repair fee will probably make it a total.  If so, I will buy it back and go with what I have.
***UPDATE***  Now that I have had time to settle down a bit, I have taken a closer look at my truck, and am thankful that it weighs 6,100 pounds.    That 2013 Chevy Silverado only weighs about 2/3rds that, and it took the damage.  It left on a wrecker while I drove mine home.  My bumper is destroyed, as can be seen. Also, the tail gate is bent and will need to be straightened, each rear tool box door is jammed, there is a buckled area between the gas filler caps, above the wheel, and the right hand top flip door doesn't close right.  I have a GPS on a mount on my dash and it came off the mount, and hit the rear window, (I can remember hearing the "crack" sound as it hit), and it now doesn't work quite right.  This truck has a bench seat, and a really firm headrest.  I use good posture when in the truck, and that all helped to protect me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog