It is time, once again, to make a move.

For years now, I have supplemented my Social Security Income by avoiding the cash burden of rent and utilities, by being a property caretaker/security/handyman.  It works well for me, and gives me something to do in my retirement.  These positions are "open ended", and after a time, for one reason or another, I have to move on to the next one.
That time has come for the place I am at now, for several reasons.  I will now hunt for a place, select from those that I see, and make that move.  Each place I find has its good and less than good points.
Often when I mention this, I think that people believe that I just pack a suitcase and move on to the next, unpack and I am good to go.  I have much more than "just a suitcase".  I have all the tools needed to do the things that the property owner might need me to do, as well as all the things needed to make my "home" be a home to me and my animals, as well as all the tools needed to have the wood shop that I use to occupy my mind.

For me to make a move always involves a bit of expense, investing in things like electrical wire and devices to connect the electricity, piping for water, sewer, etc.  I always put a fence around my trailer, (my choice of residence), and sometimes leave the fence, needing to buy more at the next location.
Living "hand to mouth" as I do may cause me to go out, hat in hand, to seek some help with this move.  It is possible that the recent wreck I had, will have the insurance of the guy who caused it, offering me cash to repair my truck, and I may be able to divert some of that toward my moving effort.  I will see what comes about, where I will move to, etc.
I will expect to add to this post, but want to put it up now so that I have it started.
***UPDATE*** Sept. 17, 2021
I will be changing my permanent residence to Peninsular Florida, and spending time there and also in Southeast Georgia.  Friends have properties in both locations, and I will be "doing my thing", at both locations.  There are perks to being "old and retired", and this is one of them.  These are longtime friends, and we have enjoyed knowing each other for over 25 years.  I am pretty stoked about being able to do some wood work and to exercise some of my other skills to help them develop their properties in the way that they want to see them.
My primary place of relaxation, my woodshop, where I commit "Goodwood By Frankie", will be set up in the Georgia location, with the ability to move part of it to wherever I am doing a particular project.  I love change, and this is surely "for the better", and I am looking forward to it.




GEICO is moving forward with my accident claim, and an adjuster has been in touch with me.  He says that since my truck has a utility bed and overhead rack, that he has brought the commercial truck department in to better appraise the value of the truck.  He has assured me that I should know something by Monday, 9/20/21 about what they've decided.  After the photo estimate was completed I removed the damaged bumper and hitch and had another hitch built and installed.  The truck is usable now, and able to tow a trailer if needed.  That hurdle has been handled.

 



I will update again when I know more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog